Thursday, September 24, 2009

Anxiety is your Enemy

I stepped in the hall with a calm mind.
Everything was practically fine, until the clock starts clicking.
Anxiety was all over me once I penned the first character on to my answer sheet.
It has never occur once before, for the past few papers.
I am not able to think, everything seems so unaccustomed, questions which I thought I could easily pull it through was an impediment for me to excel.

I can feel my heartbeat beating furiously, so vigorously such that I could not write properly. I tried my best to do what I can do. It is really 'enlightening' to experience such rare occurrences.

Now I know, anxiety is bad, is evil. We shall not be overwhelmed by its power, the power that we belittle them, thought that they are insignificant, in fact, they control our sub-conscious mind.

Right...why did i feel nervous today?
Every problem has its own reasons and roots, all caused by whom, nobody but yourself.
After reflecting quite deeply, I realised that I slept late last night, to finish up the bit of revision that I deemed to be important. Lack of sleep, period. Besides, I did not take proper meals. In fact, I skipped breakfast because I wanted extra time to study for Biology in school, I skipped lunch because there is nobody to accompany (was mugging alone in reading room), ended up eating cereal with milk for tea. And, I only ate a bit for dinner as the food yesterday was totally inedible, seriously. I deduced that it might be an indirect source of the nervousness due to lack of nutrients which affected by nervous system.

I shall learn from what i did wrong, and try not to place myself in such situation as it waste my effort for mugging so hardly when I ended up doing not up to expectations.

Anxiety.
I'm cheered up! and shall have some good rest before proceeding to work on my next paper tomorrow.

No comments: