It was really a long trip, not to mention that the flight is 14 hours long. Time seems very slow during the flight to Stansted from Kuala Lumpur, but I am glad that I have reached here safely. Reaching the airport does not close the story, what's interesting and challenging are those that follows after landing. I took 2 hours to cross the UK border. Then, only came out where the check-ins are being held, which by the time is already 6++pm local time. The day I reached UK is 17th September 2010, Friday, but my accommodation starts 18th September 2010, Saturday. If I were to travel directly to where I am staying, it would be late, and it is very difficult to search for accommodation at that point of time. Thus, I have decided to stay over a night in the airport, and there you go, uncomfortable night, but it is not that bad as it is. I just kept on woke up in the middle of the night, which is quite frequently.
Just about 5.30am, I boarded a stansted express train from Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street, where I later switched to underground train to Shepherd's Bush, then switched to overground train to Clapham Junction, and switched to national rail to Salisbury which is where I am living and studying at. It was such a long journey, and I reached there at 10am. To sum up, it took me approximately 5 hours to settle down. The duration to reach my college isn't what that could kill me, its the extra heavy luggage that I was carrying. Two suitcases which weighs 31kg and 10kg respectively and a 5kg backpack. To make matters worse, some or I would say most stations do not have the elevator but with long staircases. WIN! Fortunately, there were a few kind souls who helped me in one way or another. Thank you so much, I really appreciate their kindness.
And now, I am relaxing after such a long day. Ciaoz!
HTML Hit Counter
Unique Visitors
HTML Hit Counters

No comments:
Post a Comment