Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Start a New Chapter

A new chapter is happening. It might seem to be the wildest dream filled with excitement and fear, curious with what would turned up and how it goes on. This would make me the second time heading to another country for studies, but the difference is, the one I am heading to, have an entire different culture, and thus seems harder to blend in and get used to the environment. I would not think that it would be much of a problem, since I am obviously not the first one heading to the UK for tertiary education from an Asian country. Millions have been there to study, and statistics shown them having great time there. Therefore, there is nothing to be afraid about, everything would turned up just right, always keep in mind, 'Aal Izz Well'.

I finally got what I wanted to study, Film Production and Cinematography. Although I know that I am not that of an artsy person, passion would bring excellence. Skills can be developed drastically if I have the burning desire to learn them, so I would not be worried not able to cope with my studies. The location I am going to study is at Wiltshire College Salisbury, and actually is partnering with Bournemouth University to offer this course. The place might not be that city-like or well known, but it is unique in its own way, and I am happy now for making that choice.

Scholarship had play a major part in my life, it seems as though scholarship could not leave me. After being sponsored as a high school and junior college student in Singapore for four years, I am going to be sponsored for my tertiary education for 3 years. The distinction is the former is offered by the Ministry of Education of Singapore, while the latter is by ASTRO, a local media industry company. Also, I have to serve a bond of approximately 5 years, which means I get to capture a job once I graduated. So, I am glad that it came since I received the call jus a week before I am flying off to UK.

After so long writing here, I have not mentioned about when I am flying off.
It is at LCCT, KL Airport at around 9.30am.
Wish me luck!

No comments: